Maysen is such a sweet baby. That, my friends, isn't something I would have said 2 months ago. But let's not dwell on the past. Here's a little run down of our Maysi Paige at 4 months.
- She found her voice! And has the funniest laugh -- it's very cackle/cough-like. A "cackough," if you will.
- Likes her baths and chillin' in Papa and Jojo's pool.
- We've made the transition to Maysen's crib in Camden's room a few weeks ago and that has gone wonderfully. Most nights Mays-ers sleeps between 10-12 hours.
- Usually, I'll hear her talking (a LOT!) in her crib around 4:45am, then by 5:00 she's back to sleep. Silly baby.
- We're still working on a nap schedule, which should improve now that Kaiah is back to school. Some naps are 30 minutes, others are 4 hours.
- Maysi nurses every 3-4 hours during the day and pretty much refuses a bottle, but we're working on that.
- Speaking of nursing, she's a fast eater! Usually only 5-10 minutes on each side before she's full and completely distracted.
- The reflux is gone! Thank you, Lord!
- When mom and dad are around, she would prefer that no one else holds her...and she'll let you know about it.
- Who am I kidding? She'll let you know about alllll her feelings. I hate to label a baby as "dramatic," but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, well, then...
- Maysi loves to be tickled and kissed.
- The pouty lip is still her signature move.
- She's definitely joined Addi & I on Team Brown Eyes.
- 6 months clothes are fitting her best, but I can make a few 3 month things work and have been known to roll over some 12 month stuff, too.
- Mays is working on her first "toofer." My children tend to get teeth freakishly early.
- I can't blame her, but Maysi hates having a poopy diaper. And, if you combine it with hunger or sleepiness, then you'd better watch out.
- She's a baseball and football lovin' girl and watches with her daddy almost every night.
This little girl has brought so much love and laughter to our house and we just can't imagine life without her...it would be so boring! I can honestly say that Maysen brings out the best in us all -- she's live entertainment and the recipient of lots of kindness and compassion that can be hard to come by with 4, 6, 8, and 10 year olds! Bottom line? She's the piece that completes our puzzle.