But. That’s about to change. After a full 4 days off, I am about to unload an insane amount of redundant pictures on you. 3:45 on a Friday afternoon seems like as good of time as any to show off our office re-do, right? First, though, let’s start with some facts and a few “before photo.”
- This “office” is actually our formal dining room. But since there is nothing formal about our family we’ve always made functional use out of this space as an office.
- As important as it is to us to have this “office” be just that – a place for us to work – it also needs to serve as a playroom/kid space of sorts.
- When J accepted his new job and enrolled in graduate courses, we decided that he needed a work space, too, and our desire for a 2-person desk was born. Basically? I got tired of having him invade my work space all.the.stinking.time.
- We did a LOT of planning/researching ideas for desks, etc. before deciding upon this arrangement.
- As with most things in our home/lives, we had big plans, but a very small budget.
Want to see some horrible before photos? Since I’m a bad/impatient blogger, I, of course, forgot to snap some “official” pre-make over shots, so these will have to do.
This first pic is from when we first moved in – hence the boxes and lack of window coverings.
Here’s one from a couple Halloween’s ago.
This is from the kitchen looking into the office, right after my dad built us some shelves/cubbies:
And here’s the after!
View from the entryway…
View from “my corner”…
The “peninsula” and J’s workspace…
View from the kitchen…
View from the stairs…
There are still several finishing touches that we’ll get to someday – including trimming the base; buying baskets for the shelves, desk lamps for both sides, and “real” matching desk chairs; organizing; and updating photos. But for now? We're done. Over it. Finished. Dun-zo.
I’ll be back soon with details – paint colors, desk building plans, accessories, and a list of where we purchased everything. For now, here’s the short version: J built the desk (God, I love that man!), the book case was a freebie, the shelves, chair, and ottoman are from Ikea, the black wire 3-tier basket is from TJ Maxx, and the kids table and chairs were a Craigslist purchase from when we first moved in to this house 3+ years ago.
And there you have ‘er! Thanks for sticking with me and being patient!
Happy Weekend, friends!
Linking up at: House of Hepworths, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots and Jello, Be Different Act Normal, Serenity Now, iheart naptime,