Monday: Homemade Arby's Roast Beef Sandwiches (a carry over from last week) and Parmesan potatoes.
Tuesday: Dinner at J's parents in celebration of our brother-in-law's birthday.
Wednesday: Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Thursday: Breakfast for dinner
Friday: Salsa Chicken and Rice (this has been on the menu for several weeks now. It's the meal that always gets bumped because the ingredients don't really go bad. Well, that and it really isn't my favorite. Do you do that too?).
A little more Monday Randomness:
1. The Des Moines Marathon was yesterday morning. Addi and I went to cheer on a good friend and her sister. Talk about inspiring! Way to go, Jill! We are so proud of you!!
|my lil marathon cheerleading partner|
2. Our house is freeeezing today. Ok, it's really only 65 degrees, but I refuse to turn on the heat. I think tonight might call for a fire, jammies, and cuddling. Lots of cuddling. But in the meantime I'm wearing my slippers and sipping on hot tea.
3. The kids and I (minus Addi) enjoyed a nice little birthday celebration/playdate with some friends this morning. I was reminded of a couple things while there: a) I have the best friends. b) they have the best kids. c) and birthdays should always be celebrated -- even if it is with just a few friends, some party hats, and a lot of crazy kids. Happy Birthday, Suz! (pics borrowed from our hostess with the mostest, Ang. thanks friend!)
|believe it or not, there are 3 kids missing from this picture.|
4. Yesterday as I was rushing around to get me and my 3 girls out of the house for my sis-in-law's baby shower, I spilled an entire 1/2 gallon of milk. That was fun.
5. I really, really, really, need to re-invest in a Shark Steam Mop. My sticky floor and baby's dirty knees are concrete evidence.
6. Saturday morning we had the privilage of having some family pics taken with the amazingly talented Alisa. It was oh-so-fun and I felt like she just kind of "got us," you know? She was patient, and funny, and kind, and creative, and flexible. Thank you, Alisa (& Abby!) for taking the time to capture what I love most about our little circus. Here's just a preview she sent me this morning. It is just so.us. And I couldn't adore it more.