So, yes, we're home from the Happiest Place on Earth. We all had a great time and made the most of our time in Disneyland.
Here are just a few highlights (**pulling out my "Disney Memories" journal that Terri gave to/made for all of us**):
* The Disneyland Hotel and full access to the concierge suite. Let me explain: concierge suite = breakfast, snacks, appetizers, deserts, and beverages at our disposal whenever we wanted + access to the glass elevator and a GREAT view of Downtown Disney. Priceless.
* Fantasmic! J and I agree...this was, hands down, our favorite part of the trip. Never again in our lives do we anticipate watching the best water/lights/fireworks show from VIP seating, while being served drinks and deserts. Too bad Eli slept through the entire thing. :-)
* An EARTHQUAKE! No, this wasn't a ride. It was the real thing. And, here's the kicker...J, Addi, Eli, and I were on some stupid boat ride. Ok, it wasn't really stupid. Actually, it was Mark Twain's boat and it was pretty cool, but J & I were just so disappointed to hear that we missed all the excitement. They say it was a 5.4, the strongest since 1994. In all seriousness, we're glad no one was injured and no real damage was done, but seriously how the heck did we miss it?!?
* Early opening at ToonTown. J & I were able to take Addi to this and had a fantastic time. She became a "citizen" of ToonTown, rode her first rollercoaster, met Mickey & Minnie, and saw their houses. And, bless her heart, the first thing Addi told Minnie when she met her was, "I have a baby brother."
* Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. Again, got to meet LOTS of characters.
* Riding lots of rides in Fantasyland. Dumbo 4 times, the Carousel 5 times, and the Teacups.
* Ariel's Grotto for breakfast where Addi, dressed like Snow White, met all her favorite princesses.
And, I'd be remiss if I didn't include our one low-light:
* The plane rides. My poor boy was just beside himself. We were "that" family...you know, the one that can't control their screaming kid. We tried everything. Everything. Snacks, milk, juice, toys, books, singing, Tylenol, suckers (yes, I gave my 11 month old a sucker and you would have too. We were desperate.). It's safe to say we won't be flying anywhere for a long time. But, we made it safely and that's what's important. Besides, we'll never see any of those people again, right?
What trip to Disneyland would be complete without a bizillion photos? We don't disappoint, folks. Stay tuned for those in the coming days/weeks/months (come on, you all know how I work by now!).